The question should I get an attorney after a car accident that wasn’t my fault or my fault is a common question that those involved in an auto accident typically ask.
If you have had to face a car accident, then you probably had to go through heavy treatment costs, emotional stress, pain suffering, and work time losses.
In such a condition, getting a car accident law firm to represent your case might seem to be another financial burden.
However, in most cases, it is wiser for you to hire one.
So, to know whether you should get an attorney after a car accident or not, and for that, you should read the rest of this article very carefully.
Should I get an attorney after a car accident that’s my fault or not?
- Should I get an attorney after a car accident that’s my fault or not?
- Should I get an attorney after a car accident that’s my fault or not: Recap
Reasons why you should get a lawyer after a car accident that is or not your fault
There are so many benefits as to why you should hire an attorney after a car accident that is or is not your fault.
Some of those are:
- The contingency fee arrangement that is applicable when you get a car accident attorney is quite beneficial for the clients as you need not pay even a single penny from your pocket because the lawyer charges his fee from the settlement money. This gives him/her an incentive to give their best or they too will be at a loss. This results in you getting the maximum recovery from your damages. So, in the situation discussed above, you should get a car accident attorney without any hesitation and any further delay as you will not be paying out of your pocket. If they recover something then good and if not you have not wasted your money hiring a lawyer.
- The experience that a professional personal injury attorney who has been dealing with such cases for years will have, will be of great use when dealing with complicated accident cases. Also, after going through the physical pain, stress, and trauma caused by the accident, you will probably be so mentally broken and tired that you won’t be able to bear the load of these legal procedures. This way, you can easily fall prey to injustice and negligence by your insurance company and your defendant. In this situation, a car accident attorney will protect your rights and will give you legal support throughout the whole process.
- Another important advantage of an experienced car accident attorney is that he or she can perceive and bring into the light even such minute details that you could never do. He or she will guide you towards what steps you need to take, what statements you should make, and so on. Look, you can always get more or less fair compensation for the wreckage losses and medical bills.
- When no injuries happened, people believe that they might not be able to get compensation. What is difficult to estimate and prove is the compensation for the pain and mental stress you had to encounter. Here, a good, skilled, experienced, and well-trained car accident attorney can help you a lot. You will be surprised by what some of these accident attorneys can recover when an injury didn’t occur.
You can still get compensated even if you are at fault
Now, let’s come to the other side of a car accident i.e. when you are more guilty of the accident than the other side. In this case, the victim will be claiming settlement money to compensate for his or her losses and damages.
No doubt you ought to pay the reasonable penalty, but still, it is good to appoint a lawyer to defend you from any unjust demands that the other driver may make.
The biggest reason why to get a lawyer after a car accident that is or not your fault is that you can still get compensation even when you are at fault.
There is a law called comparative fault or negligence that allows people to get compensation during an accident based on the percentage that they contributed to the accident.
Let’s say that you are at fault for 80 percent of the accident, you will only be entitled to 20 percent of the settlement.
How to decide if you need to hire an attorney after a car accident
If you are more of a victim in the accident than the guilty, then it is better to hire a car accident lawyer.
If you have got insurance that has an accidental cover, then to reap maximum benefits, you’ll need the assistance of a good car accident lawyer after your accident.
Look, insurance companies are very witty when it comes to paying money.
They’ll try to minimize your damage in order to minimize the payable benefits. It is the attorney who will make arrangements for raising maximum recovery money from the insurance.
The attorney will also help you to obtain as much settlement money as possible.
However, if you do not involve an attorney in such a matter, then you won’t be able to get fair compensation- neither from the insurance nor from the wrongdoer.
Should I get an attorney after a car accident that’s my fault or not: Recap
Whether a car accident is your fault or not, it is always a good idea to speak to a lawyer.
The good news is that most lawyers offer a free consultation so speaking to one wouldn’t cost you anything.
Also, most personal injury and car accident lawyers represent their clients on a contingency basis so whether an accident is your fault or not, hiring one wouldn’t cost you much.
Call to speak to someone regarding your case: free Consultation
A car accident attorney who is well-established in the industry has a large network of experts and other people who may help to make your case stronger.
However, if you still need more answers and still wondering if you should get an attorney after a car accident then call the number on this website to be connected with a lawyer.